Hi everyone! I hope everyone had a fabulous Christmas and got lots of nice presents:) Sorry for neglecting the blog this week, I have been so busy at home catching up with family and friends. We went to SF where I spent almost $60 on parking for the whole day :( but it was worth it spending time with all my cousins, bro and sis. Tonight and tomorrow I have dinner plans so hopefully I don't spend a lot as well but I am excited to see more friends!
Back to personal finance - so as you know the BF and I have been condo shopping for the past 7 months or so. We finally found one we both loved and put in an offer the other day. It's a bank owned property and it's $144,900 for a 1 bedroom condo in a location we both like, and it's about 10 mins away from my work. It's a top floor and end unit with high ceilings, a walk-in closet, fireplace, spacious balcony, and a full size washer/dryer area. Most condos we were looking at had low ceilings and stackable washer/dryer areas. The downside is that it doesn't come with any appliances besides a crappy electric stove and tiny microwave but our main focus is the actual structure/location of the unit/walls and other structural things that we can't fix. Appliances are easy to fix and we will upgrade them soon as well as the kitchen. There are no granite countertops or anything like most places we saw but we really liked everything else about this place. HOA is $220 and believe me when I say that this is standard or cheaper than most complexes in the County (sadly). We decided to go for a 1 bedroom since we are not sure if I will be working full-time if I go back to school and we don't want to be responsible for something we are not capable of in a few months.
There are multiple offers right now on the place, mostly from investors who are out of the country so we shall see what happens. They are moving pretty quickly since we put in an offer just 3 days after it was listed and they are no longer taking offers after 1pm today!! Our real estate agent says we have a good chance since we are local. We put in $2,000 to show we are very interested and we already had our broker submit the pre-approval. I'm so excited but I also don't want to get my hopes up just in case we do not get this place. It is our first offer after all and I know it doesn't always happen that way. Whatever happens will be meant to be I'm sure.
I'll leave you with some pics so this post isn't all words!