I was tagged by Rafiki of Upendilife to answer these 11 questions so I thought it would be fun to talk about random things for today.
Here are the rules:
1. Post these rules.
2. Answer the 11 questions from the person who tagged you.
3. Create 11 new questions for the people you tag.
4. Tag 11 people and link them to your post.
5. Let them know that you tagged them.
1. What is one thing that brings you joy that requires money? A lot of stuff! I will have to say working out, because I truly love working out at the gym. I would die if I couldn't go to the gym or to the pilates studio. It really releases stress and gives me that happy feeling. I honestly believe that this is #1 on my list. Next would have to be eating out because I love trying and finding new restaurants. When I was a broke college student, I yearned to eat different kinds of food and now that I can, I take advantage of it.
2. What would your ideal retirement be like? Well firstly, I'd love to retire early, while I still can enjoy traveling and doing a lot of activities. I would also like to be near family because this is something that I'm not able to do right now. When I'm old and done with working, family will be all I have!
3. Do you use a mac, windows or a linux based computer? I use a macbook at home and a PC (Dell) at work.
4. What got you into blogging? I actually have been blogging since I was a teenager on xanga! I used to talk about fun stuff my friends and I were doing. I then ventured into fashion blogging but got tired of posting outfits and buying new stuff all of the time. After that whole experience, I found myself in a lot of debt and finally started blogging productively here! I love that I can talk about life, finances, and work with people with similar interests.
5. Do you love your current job? I do! Read my job analysis:)
6. Do you have any pets? I have one dog who just turned 7 years old on February 16th. He's a pekingese/toy poodle and everyone thinks he's a puppy. He is my best friend and the sweetest, most loyal little fella you'll ever meet.
7. What is the most important thing to you on earth? The people in my life, specifically my family, my boyfriend and my friends. Let's also not forget my dog!
8. What is one thing that you miss that has either entirely disappeared or is slowly disappearing because of technology? I really miss the days when people weren't always on their phones or ipads or tablets - the days when you had to call your friends' house phones and chat with their parents until they gave the phones to your friend, or when you actually rang the doorbell and hung out at someone's house for a bit before leaving to go out. I really hate how I will be having a catch-up dinner or lunch with a friend, and they will be constantly texting while I'm talking to them. What has happened to society?!
9. Do you think the recession is still a valid argument for people not doing something about their financial situation? I think there are some situations where the argument is still valid, but in others' situations I would have to say no. There are lots of ways to get out of your financial situation if you just do something about it. For example, my best friend was on unemployment for a year and at the same time she just gave birth. I really hated hearing her vent about losing unemployment and how she would talk about being so entitled to it. I wanted to scream and say that she was relying on and taking advantage of government assistance for those who actually need it. She was complaining when she just moved to a huge new place (but she wanted a big house), and she wanted to shop and her husband wanted a lot of frivolous things as well. In that case I really don't think it's right for people to keep blaming the recession just because they can't find a job. If you can't find a job, don't expect to live off of the government's money and then proceed to want things well above your means, EVEN IF you had a job! I think this warrants a post later...I still get angry thinking about it and she never listens to me.
10. How do you start your day? I wake up at 6, take my dog out to go bathroom, get ready within 10-15 mins, sometimes toast an english muffin w/ hazelnut butter and jam, and then out the door by 6:30am. I get to work around 6:45/7 and prepare a cup of decaf coffee.
11. What is one skill you dream of learning? Well, I really wish I could speak another language besides English. I can partially understand Tagalog (I'm half Filipino) but I really wish I could speak Spanish since I live in San Diego as well as Mandarin (I'm part Chinese). Silly me took French in high school and sure I can read and understand a bunch of it, but I don't plan to use this language much! I also have a dream of becoming a personal trainer or a pilates instructor but my career path has always been focused on becoming an attorney...so maybe one day, I will get to do both!
And just for fun.... here is a collage I made awhile back of my 6 favorite things in life:
First off, these are kind of out of order and my family should be included w/ my sister. The being weird part just encompasses my personality. I'm just a laid back person who doesn't really care for drama and I am pretty goofy at times, I just love to laugh! I don't have any new questions to add so feel free to answer these questions if you feel like it. And let me know if you did, I'd love to read it!