This is when I whipped out my smartphone.
I checked my email and sure enough there was my electronic receipt that stated all of the facts, and proved that I was correct. I may have shoved it towards the manager's face but it worked. Victory! They cancelled my transaction, apologized and gave me a receipt to sign that was $24. I know it was only $5 but my smartphone allows me to save money all of the time! And it all adds up quite nicely.
I guess the lesson is... if you order and prepay from Round Table online, make sure you check your receipt because the cashier still rings you up at whatever price they want regardless of the online amount. Seems wrong to me.
Other ways my smartphone has saved me money:
- While waiting in line at the Blockbuster Express kiosk, I have found promo codes that earn me free rentals.
- Since we road trip it a lot, BF and I are always looking for the cheapest gas station. Enter GasBuddy app. Saves us a few cents per gallon.
- I love being able to deposit checks through the camera on my phone thanks to the Chase app. Saves me gas and time.
- I have actually used coupons via my phone at the store (H&M). 20% off just like that.
- On the way to the airport, I am able to check if my plane is delayed. This has happened a few times to me and I'll end up hanging out somewhere else or staying at home if it's delayed for more than a few hours.
- I use an app called PDAnet which allows me to connect my phone through the USB cable to my laptop, and I get to use the 3G on my laptop for free. This one feature alone makes my phone worth it, and I can't count the number of times I have used this when I've been at a hotel and they charge for wi-fi. Also it has worked while on our long road trips, and we watch TV shows while in the car.
- I use the IHeartRadio app at the gym, which allows me to listen to different songs that I would have otherwise had to pay for. I love it because they play a lot of mixes during lunchtime, and I usually get bored of my songs quickly.
How does your smartphone save you money? I'm sure there are a lot more ways!