Since I am doing this weekly faves thing a week late, I'll still post up what I've been up to this past week.
What I've been up to this week:
- I guest posted over at I Am 1% and discussed the latest on the property hunt - When an Investment Property is No Longer an Investment Property.
- I guest posted for Bobbie over at Bog of Debt and basically rambled on about How to Deal with Rich Friends.
- I've been thinking about what I'm going to do with my retirement accounts once I quit my job in 2 weeks. June 22nd will be my last day so I already stopped my automatic contributions towards my roth IRA :( and thanks to advice from twitter peeps, I'm going to just leave my accounts as is and contribute once I get a new job after finishing school.
- Secondly, this month has already been a fail in terms of spending because I dropped my phone and it completely shattered the other day. The sad part is that I pay $8/month for insurance but this so-called insurance does not cover cracks or damage that I caused myself. Sprint wanted me to pay a $100 deductible to get a refurbished EVO (did I mention they don't even make that one anymore?).
- I did some research and ended up going to Best Buy and buying the new HTC EVO 4G LTE for $149.99 since they were offering a $50 instant credit off of the price. I just had to renew my contract for 2 years which isn't a big deal since I like my plan.
|My new baby!!! I love it so much! (via)|
- I have to buy a laptop. I'm thinking of going for a refurbished Asus through Tiger Direct. Another $600 I have to spend. Boo.
- I had to pay for my $500 seat deposit for school. Sadness. At least I have some consolation that I got 1% rewards on it since I charged it on my credit card..which I will pay off before interest is added.
- I sold some Lululemon stuff on ebay. Can you believe I sold a Bang Buster headband for $30 when it was originally $14? Some people are crazy. Also I sold a tank top for $60 when I bought it for $39 on sale. Sweetness.
- I woke up on Tuesday morning and must have not been awake yet because I crashed into one of the corners in the house and basically broke my pinky toe. Luckily, I googled it and people told me not to go to the doctor since they can't do anything but tape it up...so that's what I did.
- Are you even reading anymore? Probably not. Bonus points if you got this far - answer this question in the comments: What do you like to sleep in? Naked? Underwear? Sexy stuff?
What Phase of Investing Are You In? by Work Save Live
The Beast That is Student Loan Debt by Well Heeled Blog
5 Full Proof Ways to Beat Rising Gas Prices by Finance Fox
A Rebel in Blue Jeans by My Broken Coin
Additional Characteristics that Separate the Self Manager from Normal People by Joyful Self Manager
Balancing Morality with Frugality by My Alternate Life
Mistakes New Graduates Should Avoid When Applying for Jobs by Dollarversity
Are You an Overnight Success Waiting to Happen? by The Free Financial Advisor
Time to Spice it Up: An Interview With Edward Antrobus on Untemplater
What Disney is Hiding from You by Blue Collar Workman
Side Hustle Series: I'm a Yoga Instructor on Budgets Are Sexy
Do You Want a Higher Salary (great negotiation tips!) by Making Sense of Cents
Myth Breaker: Gift Cards and Cash are Bad Gifts by Add Vodka
Apostrophe Abuse Protection: It Starts with You by So Over Debt
How Technology is Preventing Us From Disconnecting by My Jam Packed Life
Why I Use Credit Cards Instead of Cash by Money Life and More
You Don't Need a Job You Need Guts by The Middle Finger Project
I'm In Debt But I Party Like a Rock Star by Travis on Enemy of Debt
Eating Healthy and Cheap in the Long Term by Yes I Am Cheap
Is Your Home Really an Asset? by Along for the Journey
Getting to Yes by Afford Anything
How to Make the Most Out of Unused Gift Cards by Careful Cents
Do Group Dynamics Influence How You Spend Your Money? by Financial Conflict Coach
Is Collecting a Money Pit or a Hobby? by Thirty Six Months
Some recognition for some blogger friends:
- Congrats to Jeremy for snagging a new job!
- Happy birthday to Jana of Daily Money Shot and Jessica of Mo' Money Mo' Houses and Corey of 20's Finances!
- Congrats to Carrie for paying off her debt!
- Congrats to Well-Heeled Blog for getting married last Saturday!
- Happy anniversary to Bobbie at Bog of Debt!
- Happy 1 year of blogging to Cait at Blonde on a Budget!
- Serendipity got a new job woooohoo!
- Major props to B of Below Her Means for maintaining sobriety!
- Good luck to Jen of The Happy Homeowner on her 10th freaking interview (for the same job)!
- Congrats to Sean of One Smart Dollar for finding out he is going to have a baby girl as his first child!
- Thanks to Jordann of My Alternate Life for rescuing my blogroll when it got deleted. If you want me to add you, shoot me an email or leave a comment.
Wow lots of amazing things have been happening this past week... I hope I got everyone. If not, feel free to drop me a friendly reminder.
Hope you all enjoy your weekend!