Also, I feel like someone somewhere out there may have done something similar to this before as it's probably not uncommon, so if you did - let me know and I'll link you up in this post!
Oh, btw - I didn't forget about my weekly faves post! It will be up soonish. When I say soonish, I really mean that I haven't finished it yet and I meant to finish it last night but I much preferred working on this post.
Feel free to add more to this list. I'm expecting lots of funny responses and additions :)
You know you're obsessed with personal finance blogging when...
- You completed, have joined, or thought about joining the Yakezie challenge.
- You check every website's Alexa ranking...just to "see where they're at."
- You check your Alexa ranking first thing in the morning.
- Your boyfriend tells you to "go consult your personal finance blog friends." (Errr, is that just me?)
- You check your stats to see what Google search words bring visits to your blog.
- You laugh hysterically at the aforementioned Google search words that bring visits to your blog.
- Some of your very good friends are people you met through PF blogging.
- If you're in the US, you know what a RRSP is.
- If you're in Canada, you know what a 401k is.
- You know that Vancouver is super expensive and then you don't feel bad about where you live. LOL.
- You would rather stay at home than go out...y'know just to "whip up a few pre-scheduled posts."
- You want to go to #Fincon12 or have been to #Fincon11.
- You have a set posting schedule and you get stressed if you don't stick with it.
- You start thinking, "I'm going to be rich!" when you get your first email from an advertiser.
- Part-time jobs and freelancing are actually defined as "side hustles" in your vocabulary.
- When someone says carnival, you don't think of rides and cotton-candy.
- People look at you funny when you say, "Omg I have to blog about that!"
- You get excited because you had a No Spend Day (NSD).
- You have accounts with Disqus, IntenseDebate, Wordpress and Blogger. So you can leave comments, duh!
- You've thought about, or have hired Andrea from Nuts and Bolts Media to redesign your blog.
- You start thinking about how you can make blogging a full-time job...and how you can retire early.
- You have to restrain yourself from giving out financial advice to friends who aren't PF bloggers.
- You've mastered how to read Blogger captcha codes.
- You always have a million tabs open (twitter, your blog, and a plethora of other blogs).
- You end up writing "cents" when you meant "sense."
Last but not least...
- You want to add something to a list about people being obsessed with PF blogging... c'mon, you know you want to!